Let’s start off by defining what the term, “anaphrodisiac” (or “anti-aphrodisiacs”) really means:
An anaphrodisiac is a substance designed to reduce or quell your sexual desire. As opposed to aphrodisiac, an anaphrodisiac is used to reduce your libido. how to reduce libido
- 1 The ultimate guide to reduce your sex drive/ libido in 2017:
- 2 Anaphrodisiacs Explained:
- 3 Types of Anaphrodisiacs:
- 4 How to reduce sex drive or lower testosterone using herbs:
- 4.1 Lithium Orotate:
- 4.2 2. ChasteBerry Extract:
- 4.3 3.Hops
- 4.4 4.Licorice:
- 4.5 5.Soybeans or “soy”:
- 5 Other herbs that may act as “anaphrodisiacs”:
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 7 References/Sources:
- 8 Disclaimer:
The ultimate guide to reduce your sex drive/ libido in 2017:
If you’re like me, and looking for a way to reduce sex drive in order to recover from pornography, then reducing your libido is probably a good idea. I am currently on my journey to becoming 100% porn-free, and anaphrodisiacs offer hope. Granted, anaphrodisiacs won’t solve your porn addiction. Self-determination will. But from my current experience, anaphrodisiacs have been greatly effective at reducing sexual fantasies.
As a former chronic masturbator, one of the negative effects of pornography is frequent thoughts about sex/sexual fantasies, etc.
If you want more guidance on porn-recovery, check out: http://yourbrainonporn.com/ (this applies to males and females)
BTW, the benefits that come from leaving pornography are AMAAAZING!!!
Other reasons why one may use anaphrodisiacs is to focus on their work/study.
I’ve researched many ways on how to reduce sex drive men (and women), but haven’t found any clear/concise guidance (hence why I created this website after doing some research). There are many forums that discuss methods, but with no factual proof…
Anaphrodisiacs can be for:
- Any male/female looking to reduce sex drive (for whatever reason); Although I’m a male, most of these supplements work with females as well.
- Anyone seeking to quit pornography and looking for something that can safely inhibit sex drive
How to lower your libido:
After conducting lots of research and digging through the web, I found pretty much two methods on how to reduce your libido:
- Use of prescription drugs designed to specifically reduce libido (usually prescribed to sex predators, but can be requested through a psychiatrist) – I’m not a big fan of this, particularly because of the side effects. I won’t mention prescription drug names, as I’m not a doctor, however a simple Google search will yield enough information.
- The use of anaphrodisiacs – this is probably the safest way to go. Most anaphrodisiacs are off-the-shelf supplements and pretty cheap. I’ll talk about specific anaphrodisiacs later in the article.
As I’ve explained, anaphrodisiacs reduce your sex drive. However, there are many “anaphrodisiacs” out there that you probably have already experienced. Take alcohol (ethanol) for example or tobacco. These two substances are well known to reduce sex drive.
But since I don’t drink/smoke (you shouldn’t either), those were not good options for me…
Types of Anaphrodisiacs:
- Alcohol and Tobacco: known to reduce sex drive if consumed/used in large quantities (not an option for me)
- Opioids; prescription drugs like hydrocodone, oxycodone, heroin, etc, are all anaphrodisiacs. I remember when I had my wisdom teeth pulled and was put on hydrocodone, my sex drive was immediately lowered.
- Antidepressants (SSRI’s); I’ve read several reports that prozac and other types of drugs of the like also reduce libido.
- Herbal Supplements: Natural herbs that are known to reduce sex drive. The safest option in my opinion. Herbal supplements like Chaste Berry Extract, Hops, Licorice, as well as a few others which will be described in detail later, do a good job at reducing sex drive.
How to reduce sex drive or lower testosterone using herbs:
So here is a list of herbs that I use to reduce my testosterone as a male:
One of the most effective supplements that I have used with fast results. I take 2-3 tablets a day and this does the trick.
About Lithium Orotate: The truth is, there has not been a lot of research, but I did find one article that confirmed that it does lower sex drive in male rats (Check out the research study here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25619161)
As a side note: Lithium Orotate also can help treat chronic alcoholism: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3718672
IS LITHIUM OROTATE TOXIC?
Lithium orotate is not toxic because it does not contain the carbonate group that is found in lithium carbonate (which is a prescription drug, by the way).
I’ve seen several blogs claiming that it can be toxic or that you need to take a blood sample – not true for lithium orotate.
Remember, Lithium Orotate can be purchased online legally through websites such as amazon.com
WHERE TO BUY LITHIUM OROTATE:
(click below to buy)
Also known as Vitex agnus-castus (scientific name), this herb comes from the Mediterranean region.
This herb is much more known to treat or help reduce sex drive, particularly because it was used by Buddhist monks. I have been using this and it has helped in the long term.
When I personally used this, I didn’t notice any immediate effects, but I did notice a slight reduction in sexual desires after a few weeks.
IS CHASTEBERRY EXTRACT DANGEROUS?
No chaste berry extract is not a dangerous supplement, it has been used for hundreds of years with no reported side effects.
WHERE TO BUY CHASTEBERRY EXTRACT?
Buy from here: http://amzn.to/2mnhk2r
The supplement that I bought also contained valerian and chamomile.
The original purpose of hops w/ valerian + chamomile is to improve sleep (and it does!)
Where to buy hops extract:
I bought from here: http://amzn.to/2qhkrgS
Yup! Those red vines containing licorice can reduce your sex drive. Although you would have to eat a lot of those to feel any effect at all.
If you want to reduce your sex drive using licorice, buy licorice extract, which contains a high concentration making it more effective.
Where to buy licorice extract:
Go here to buy on amazon: http://amzn.to/2pMb8lW
You can buy it here:
Other herbs that may act as “anaphrodisiacs”:
Here are some more herbs that are classified as anaphrodisiacs (though I haven’t tried them):
Can Purchase from here:
Buy from here:
Buy Marjoram Extract here:
Buy White Willow Extract here:
Frequently Asked Questions:
There are many questions about reducing your libido. Although I’m not an expert, I’ve attempted to answer a few from my personal experience and research.
Why do antidepressants reduce libido?
What reduces libido?
How to reduce libido male?
How to reduce libido female?
How to reduce libido naturally?
What medications reduce libido?
What foods reduce libido?
Disclaimer: None of the statements made on this website have been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. The products and supplements mentioned on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, alleviate or prevent any diseases. All articles on this website are the opinions of their respective authors who do not claim or profess to be medical professionals providing medical advice. This website is strictly for the purpose of providing opinions of the author. You should consult with your doctor or another qualified health care professional before you start taking any dietary supplements or engage in mental health programs. This website is supported by different affiliates and we receive a paid commission on certain products from our advertisers. Any and all trademarks, logos brand names and service marks displayed on this website are the registered or unregistered Trademarks of their respective owners. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.